Do you have dental work that needs to be done but are too nervous to come in for a procedure? Have you ever made appointments to see the dentist but cancelled at the last minute, or simply didn’t show up? If so, you probably suffer from dental anxiety. And you aren’t alone. Many, many Americans suffer from this same fear.
At Battle Mountain Dental, we offer sedation dentistry to any and all of our patients who suffer from dental anxiety.
IV sedation administers a sedative directly into your veins.
The advantages of IV sedation dentistry are:
- It works rapidly, so you can feel relaxed and comfortable quickly.
- For most people, sedation dentistry relieves or completely takes away your anxiety.
- It is not meant to make you sleep. You will be awake and aware, just not as easily reactive to everything going on around you.
- Being completely relaxed means you may be able to have more than one procedure done during your visit with us. This can save you time!
- If you struggle with a bad gag reflex or sitting in the dental chair for a long time, IV sedation can keep you still and comfortable.
- Dr. Thompson monitors the IV sedation medication closely so you can feel comfortable and relaxed during your entire procedure.
- There are typically no long-term effects from IV sedation.
Please note: you will need a ride home after your appointment.
Oral Conscious Sedation
Oral conscious sedation is administered through a pill that we can give you to swallow before your appointment. Oral conscious sedation is not meant to make you sleep, but it can make you drowsy. You may remember little of your treatment afterwards.
Oral conscious sedation is a safe and effective way to make you feel relaxed and comfortable. It usually does make you a little woozy, so you will need to find transportation to and from your appointment.
For dental anxiety, call us today. We can give you the treatment you need, and you may even begin to look forward to your visits with us!