If you have chipped, discolored, or missing teeth, we provide several cosmetic dentistry procedures that can give you the smile of your dreams. One popular option is dental veneers.
What are dental veneers?
Dental veneers are thin porcelain shells that are bonded to the front and sometimes sides of your tooth. The tooth veneers are customized in size, shape, and color to create a look that appears natural when you smile.
There are two types of dental veneers: traditional and prepless. Both look and function in the same way, but their preparation and application are different.
- Traditional dental veneers require a little bit more preparation. The dentist removes a miniscule layer of enamel from your tooth before the tooth veneer is bonded on.
- Prepless dental veneers require only a little preparation. The tooth veneer is bonded directly onto your tooth without any enamel removal.
Dr. Thompson can recommend which type would be best for you.
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
- If you need just one tooth repaired, a tooth veneer can be a great fix that looks beautiful.
- Dental veneers are color-matched to your natural teeth. If all the teeth that can be seen in your smile are covered with dental veneers, you can have the veneers brightened a few shades lighter for an attractive pearly shine.
- Even though a porcelain tooth veneer sounds like it could be fragile, it is actually very sturdy and resistant to chips and breaks.
- Dental veneers are a glamorous, beautiful remedy for a lackluster or misshapen smile that can last you years with minimal maintenance.
What is the dental veneer process?
The process to apply dental veneers is very simple and straightforward.
- Dr. Thompson will give you an initial consultation and gather information about your individual tooth veneer needs.
- He will recommend which type, traditional dental veneers or prepless veneers, would be best for you.
- He will send the information to the lab where your dental veneers are then custom-made.
- Once the dental veneers arrive at our office, Dr. Thompson will fit them to your teeth, make adjustments, and then bond them to your teeth.
After any final adjustments, your smile transformation will be complete! You can begin showing it off right away.
For more information about dental veneers or to make an appointment, call Battle Mountain Dental today!