If you have any missing teeth, ask yourself these questions:
- Are your missing teeth causing you embarrassment?
- Are you uncomfortable going out in public?
- Do you find it hard to eat some of the foods you love?
- Are your remaining teeth getting extra wear because you are using them more to compensate for your missing teeth?
- Are you tired of awkwardly smiling or covering your mouth when you smile because you don’t like the gaps between your teeth?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Battle Mountain Dental can help you. Dr. Thompson offers an excellent treatment that can give you back your smile: dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are an implant dentistry procedure that creates artificial tooth roots. Your dentist inserts a small titanium rod into the gums and jawbone. Within three to six months, the rod fuses with the jawbone to form a sturdy new tooth root. This root, topped with a customized porcelain crown, becomes a new prosthetic tooth that can work normally alongside your other teeth.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Dental implants are sturdy and can last many years with minimal maintenance.
- A tooth implant looks just like your natural tooth. Using the most up to date implant dentistry practices and technology, we match its color and size to your other teeth so that the implant blends in with your smile.
- Dental implants function like natural teeth. You can eat the foods you like and speak without any trouble.
- A tooth implant requires no special care. Just brush and floss like you usually do and see your dentist regularly. As a bonus, a tooth implant will never get a cavity! However, the teeth around it are still susceptible.
- Dental implants can be used in conjunction with dentures for stability.
For more information about implant dentistry, call Battle Mountain Dental today!